Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Top 30 Favorite Movie Characters #30

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry, I've been neglecting my blog in favor of posting on Facebook and Instagram (jeffvictorart). But here I am, back with a new series illustrating my top 30 movie characters of all time. Here we go!

#30: The Iron Giant

I first saw this movie in the theater as the second part of a double bill with Wild Wild West. Suffering through that Will Smith debacle was worth it however, because the Iron Giant turned out to be an animated masterpiece. I knew Brad Bird from his work on Family Dog, but I wasn't prepared for how moved I would be by the end of his debut feature. The animation was irresistible, and the Giant was utterly charming. I became an instant fan of his warmness and sensitivity, and that's why he ranks high on my list of best movie characters. 

Who's your favorite film robot? Let me know in the comments and tune in tomorrow for number 29 in the countdown!

No comments: