Tuesday, March 13, 2012

30 Day Drawing Challenge Days 8 & 9



So for Monday and Tuesday's drawing challenge, the goal was to draw your favorite cartoon character and your favorite TV show of all time. Geez, how do you pick?? So, for my favorite cartoon character I picked Tetsuo from Akira, a hugely influential anime by Katsuhiro Otomo. Tetsuo, toward the end of the movie is fascinating to watch, as his troubled psyche crumbles under the weight of the medical tampering, and he lets his uncontrollable power consume him.

For my favorite TV show, there was only one that lept to the front of my mind. Arguably the greatest and most influential anthology show ever, the Twilight Zone fascinated me as a kid. I loved the dark morality plays, with a (usually) predictable twist, but the shows were so well written, it didn't matter. I chose to illustrate the doctor from the episode "Eye of the Beholder" holding Talky Tina, the killer doll.

No comments: